Surry County Unclaimed Property (North Carolina)

The Surry County Finance Department administers finances for a municipality, often at the state or local level. As part of this job, Finance Departments keep records about tax payments and tax refunds, including Surry County unclaimed property or money. This can include overpayments on taxes, property or money owed by the government, and other unclaimed property. Finance Departments may provide an online searchable database to locate unclaimed property in Surry County, North Carolina.

Mount Airy Finance Department Mount Airy NC 300 South Main Street 27030 336-786-3510

The Surry County Veterans Affairs Department is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including providing life insurance to service members. In some cases, policyholders or their beneficiaries may have unclaimed insurance funds which are owed to them, which are considered Surry County unclaimed property. The Veterans Affairs Department provides an online search database to identify unclaimed life insurance funds owed to people in Surry County, North Carolina.

Disabled American Veterans Mount Airy NC 767 West Lebanon Street 27030 336-789-0328

Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1021 Mount Airy NC 601 Old Springs Road 27030 336-356-2085

The Surry County Clerk Office maintains public records for a county or local government, including records on unclaimed property. This can include property transferred through a will or gift deed, overpayments on taxes or tax refunds, or other moneys owed by the government. An unclaimed property search in Surry County can find money or property that has not been claimed by an individual or a relative. The Clerk Office may provide an online database to find unclaimed property in Surry County, North Carolina.

Pilot Mountain Clerk Pilot Mountain NC 124 West Main Street 27041 336-368-2248

Surry County Clerk Dobson NC 118 Hamby Road 27017 336-401-8210

The Surry County Recorder of Deeds preserves real estate documents for a county or local government as part of their job to ensure the accuracy of land, property, and property tax records. Recorders of Deeds may also provide information on Surry County unclaimed property, including property transferred through a will or gift deed. Unclaimed property information may be available on the Recorder of Deeds website through a searchable database.

Surry County Register of Deeds Dobson NC 201 East Kapp Street 27017 336-401-8150